Home » Descriptive Essay Draft

Descriptive Essay Draft

The bright blue is beautiful almost like the blue of the sky. Even though it is so old, it does not look like it, is so beautiful with a silver colored zinc that would draw anyone’s attention. The zinc is so bright that I could compare it with the same silver. Likewise, it is completely painted sky blue on the outside. The floor is gray since it is made of cement and has no tiles. In its interior, you can see many old photographs of many people who are familiar to me but I not come to know. The furniture is yellow, it could be said, that the yellow debilitates your eyes if you stay looking at it for too long. There are two sofas that like the place have a lot of history. The decoration is very petite since it is not luxurious but it is simple with a touch of antiquity that to me seems like a history museum.

If you look up at the ceiling you can see that there is no light bulb and that the only thing that keeps the house illuminated are the odd holes in the zinc roof that apparently needs to be changed. Unfortunately, it only has one room that at the moment only has two full-size beds that look like they have had better days. Just as the rest of the place the room is painted sky blue, the beds are made with blankets that make them look more comfortable than what they really are. The kitchen does not run the same fate not there is a sink or plateau there is only a small four-burner stove with an orange gas tank next to it. If you look at the floor you realize that it has no cement but is made of soil. The place is not very big but magically it holds many people inside. The place has four doors two in the kitchen and two in the living room. The doors are made of sticks that apparently do not have much time to have been made since differently from the rest of the place they are not painted sky blue.

Every time I go outside I feel millions of bugs biting me everywhere which feels tearful. The only thing that comforts me is the combination of pure air with the strong rays of the sun and the shadow of the mango tree that is planted in front of the house. It is a beauty like the rest of the place is green like the past in spring and has many orange mangoes waiting for someone to knock them down. The strong but delicate wind moving the treetops makes a sound like when you step on the newly fallen leaves in fall. Something that has never been experienced in that place since it is located on a tropical island. Being there provides an inner peace that would be almost impossible not to be there forever. The pure air floods my lungs and brings out everything. The scent in the air it smells like burnt wood, the most probable thing is that more inside in the mountains there will be some family cooking lunch. The aroma fills my nostrils and as strange as it sounds relaxes me more or just like the delicate wind touching my skin. The feeling of being alone in the world while you are there is inevitable because the houses are very far from each other and wherever you look you only see trees even if you look far away it is as if you were in the middle of the forest. The contrast of the green of the trees with the bright colors of the wildflowers and the blue of the sky make that place an oasis that not every human has the pleasure of enjoying. Through the immense patio, you can see the chickens everywhere with their little chicks that take off neither in the sun nor in astonishment. Every time I feed the chickens I can hear the sound of their chicks enjoying the rice delicacy that I have offered them to grow and in passing they are joined by a few birds that have an impressive color and judging by it I can determine what they are ”Sigua Palmera” the national bird of my tropical homeland.

The history behind this place is that this little piece of paradise has belonged to my family for decades and It has seen many generations born and I am sure it will see more.  If you look at the horizon you can appreciate a beautiful sunset in which the horizon turns pink with a touch of purple and blue giving a new contrast to the greenery of the trees around. Being there gives me a sense of peace and purity that nothing in the world would give me is as if I was destined to be there.